Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme
VTOS provides unemployed adults opportunities to return to fulltime education and training. VTOS Applicants may apply for any of our Level 5 or Level 6 PLC programmes. VTOS courses are free. Students do not pay examination fees and there is no payment required for course materials.
Who is eligible to apply for a free course under VTOS?
People aged 21 years by their course start date and in receipt of one of the following payments for 6 months (156 days by their course start date):
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Jobseekers Benefit
- One Parent Family payment
- Disability Allowance
- Disability Benefit
- Invalidity Pension
- Blind Person’s Pension
- Dependant Partners of people who are eligible for VTOS
- People signing for credits
Further information on eligibility or entry requirements please contact
Ms Deirdre Finneran, VTOS Coordinator
Telephone: 018443255 During term time
Telephone: 018342333 Outside term time
You may also receive further information from your local Intreo Office. The nearest office is on Mellowes Road, Finglas (opposite the Fire Station).
Which courses are popular with VTOS applicants?
You will find VTOS and mature students in every PLC course in the college. Take a look at all our courses! The following programmes are particularly popular with our mature students:
- Accounting Technician
- Early Learning and Care (Childcare)
- Healthcare Assistant
- Health Service Skills for Deaf Students
- Health Services Supervisory Management
- Professional Cookery
- Happy Health & Well being Day!!
- VTOS - A snapshot since 1989
- Study Skills Centre
From Our Archives
- A wonderful celebration took place today to recognise 30 Years of VTOS in Finglas
- 21 Years of VTOS – Coláiste Íde
VTOS COURSES ARE FREE