Developing Leaders for Hospitality and Tourism - A Skills to Advance training initiative for enterprise
To boost the retention and development of key talent in hospitality and tourism, two new industry recognised programmes have been created for the sector. These highly subsidised upskilling opportunities will provide critical team leadership and supervisorymanagement skills to enable business recovery and growth.
Who are the programmes for?
These programmes are suited to employees who are:
- performing a team lead or supervisory management role
- new to a team lead or supervisory management role
- Equip staff to lead teams effectively
- Increase staff motivation and retention
- Customised content to address skills gaps
- Highly subsidised training will be provided
- Enhance your skillset
- Lead teams effectively
- Manage and motivate teams
- Enhance digital skills
- Optimise your career prospects
To equip employees in the hospitality and tourism sector with enhanced skills to lead and manage their teams effectively.
Do the programmes lead to a qualification?
All programmes are accredited by City & Guilds or QQI and provide clear pathways for employees to develop future careers in hospitality and tourism. Qualifications are available at Levels 5 and 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications
What areas are covered?
- Operational Skills
- Customer Care
- People Management
- Finance and Controls
- Green / Sustainability
- Strategic Planning
- Health and Safety
- Promotions and Sales
- Digital Skills
How are the programmes delivered?
- Training is provided by local ETBs
- Training is provided online with tutor support
- When feasible, a blend of online and in-person training is available
- Training delivery arrangements are flexible to suit both business and employee requirements
- The Level 5 programme can be completed over 3 months with the Level 6 typically taking 4-8 months
Developing Leaders for Hospitality and Tourism is a result of a collaboration between SOLAS, the Education and Training Boards (ETBs), the Irish Hotels Federation (IHF), Fáilte Ireland and the Regional Skills Fora.
“I would like to commend SOLAS and the FET sector in their response to the impact of Covid-19 on the hotel sector. The proposed module content is very relevant and supports the development of the necessary leadership and management skillsets required to recover and grow our businesses”.
Elaina Fitzgerald Kane, President, IHF
Contact Lisa Bohan (Deputy Principal) via the following mobile number: 087 6990696 or contact us at email@example.com.
- If employers are eligible no costs will apply.
- Enrolling now
- Visit links below for more insight:
How is the programme delivered?
By Education and Training Boards (ETBs) in your region
Online with tutor support, or when feasible, a blend of online and in-person training
Flexible scheduling to suit both business and employee requirements
Duration depends on the delivery schedule agreed between the employer and the ETB providing the training. The certificate could be completed over 3-4 months with the diploma typically taking 9-12 months.
Employees can choose the certificate or diploma option, depending on their training needs, and can progress from certificate to diploma level. Local ETBs can help companies decide which level is most suitable to the employee’s needs.
What is the cost of the programme?
If eligible, there is no monetary costs involved provided the employee is in employment and this applies to modules being offered at QQI Level 4 and Level 5.
Further information, from Solas, can be found at the links below: