Forensics Applied Science
Laboratory Techniques QQI 5M3807
Is This Course For You?
Colaiste Ide provides an opportunity for you to investigate your interest in Forensics and Investigative Sciences. The study of Forensics, Criminal Law and Criminology is an excellent preparation for application to An Garda Siochana, the Defence Forces, forensic science laboratories and the State Laboratory.
The students are expected to complete work experience, it is included to give them an opportunity to explore their preferred area of future study in investigative sciences or forensics.
Extensive careers advice and advice on higher education opportunities is an integral part of the programme. Participants will be facilitated in investigating their personal strengths and talents and receive one-to-one guidance to ensure they achieve optimum outcomes from this innovative programme.
- Leaving Certificate: 4 subjects at Honours level including Mathematics at Ordinary Level (minimum 04).
- Others, including mature students: Assessed individually and Personal interview
What Will I Study?
Modules you will study include Criminal law, Criminology, Crime Scene Investigator, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Team Working, Laboratory Skills and work experience.
What Qualifications Will I Get When I Finish The Course?
QQI Level 5 Laboratory Skills 5M3807
Career Opportunities and Progression
Eligible to apply for the following:
- TU 851 Analytical Chemistry (Environmental Forensics TUD city campus)
- TU 572 DNA and Forensics Analysis TUD Tallaght
- ND150 Criminal Justice Studies WIT
- LC267 Pharmaceutical and Forensic Science Limerick IT
- LC265 Pharmaceutical and Forensic Analysis Limerick IT
- TU578 Digital Forensics and Cyber Security TUD Blanch
- GA786 Forensic Science and Analysis GMIT
- SG448 Forensic Investigation and Analysis IT Sligo
- Plus many other participating courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme