Human Health Performance
Is This Course For You?
Colaiste Ide is offering an innovative Pre-University Level 5 Human Health Performance Programme starting September 2020. This course has been designed in conjunction with universities, based upon the QQI entry requirements for science-based degrees.
The direct benefits to you as a student in completing the Human Health Performance Programme is that it will enable you to gain knowledge and skills required to apply to university courses that lead to careers in the sports technology industry.
The sports technology industry has been growing at a fast pace worldwide and Ireland is home to a number of head offices for sports tech companies. The Human Health Performance Programme at Colaiste Ide gives you a solid foundation in human science that is vital to securing a career in sports tech.
Laboratory Skills and Physics modules give you a fantastic grounding in knowledge to send you on your way to an industry that is built off finding performance solutions. Researching and appraising data is how the sports tech industry delivers performance improvement for sports professionals and amateurs alike.
Extensive careers advice and advice on higher education opportunities is an integral part of the programme. Participants will be facilitated in investigating their personal strengths and talents and receive one-to-one guidance to ensure they achieve optimum outcomes from this innovative programme.
- Leaving Certificate: 4 subjects at Honours level including Mathematics at Ordinary Level (minimum 04).
- Others, including mature students: Assessed individually and Personal interview
What Will I Study?
Modules you will cover include Data analytics, Biology, Physics, Maths, Anatomy, Nutrition, Team working, Laboratory techniques, Chemistry, work experience plus ITEC Gym Instruction.
What Qualifications Will I Get When I Finish The Course?
QQI Level 5 and ITEC Gym instructions
Career Opportunities and Progression
Eligible to apply for the following:
- DC 202 Sports Science DCU
- DC175 Physics General entry DCU
- DC 203 Science Education DCU
- TU 736 Sports Science and Health TUD Tallaght
- CW106 Physiology and Health Science Carlow IT
- CK707 Medical and Health Sciences UCC
- AL 843 Physical Activity Health Science Athlone IT
- Plus many other Participating courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme