Human Health Performance (Laboratory Techniques)
Coláiste Íde is offering an innovative Pre-University Level 5 Human Health Performance Programme starting September 2023. This course has been designed in conjunction with universities, based upon the QQI entry requirements for science-based degrees. The direct benefits to you as a student in completing the Human Health Performance Programme is that it will enable you to gain knowledge and skills required to apply to university courses that lead to careers in Physical Education and Athletic Therapy and Training. The Human Health Performance Programme at Coláiste Íde gives you a solid foundation in human science that is vital to securing a career in these areas. Laboratory Skills and biomechanics modules give you a fantastic grounding in knowledge to send you on your way to an industry that is built off finding performance solutions. Extensive careers advice and advice on higher education opportunities is an integral part of the programme. Participants will be facilitated in investigating their personal strengths and talents and receive one-to-one guidance to ensure they achieve optimum outcomes from this innovative programme.
In general you need to have a minimum of 5 passes at ordinary level in the Leaving Certificate or its equivalent. Applications are welcome from students with Leaving Certificate Vocational, Leaving Certificate Applied or FETAC Level 4 qualifications. Exceptions can be made where special circumstances apply on a case by case basis. The Leaving Certificate is not a requirement for mature students and appropriate experience can be considered as meeting the entry requirement for most courses.
Modules you will cover include:
- Data analytics
- Team working
- Laboratory Techniques
- Work experience plus ITEC Gym Instruction.
QQI Level 5 and ITEC Gym instructions
There are approximately forty Higher Education Institutions including Universities, Technological Universities and private colleges offering places on a range of courses to QQI full award certificate holders. QQI’s information page Going to higher education using my QQI Award provides answers to some of the more frequently asked questions.
Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, applications processes and scoring systems with the Admission Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit visit cao.ie.
Full awards can also be used for graduates' progression to Further Education level 6 courses - visit cao.ie for further information. Full awards can also be used for entry to UK, European and International universities, on a case-by-case basis. Full information can be found here.
Graduates are eligible to apply for the following:
- DC204 Athletic Therapy and Training
- DC161 Analytical Science
- DC162 Chemical and Pharmaceutical Science
- DC163 Chemical Science General Entry
- DC166 Environmental Science and Technology
- DC168 Genetics and Cell Biology
- DC175 Physics General Entry
- DC180 Biological Science General Entry
- DC 202 Sports Science DCU
- DC 203 Science Education DCU
- DC205 Physical Education and Biology
- DC206 Physical Education and Mathematics
- TU 736 Sports Science and Health TUD Tallaght
- SE936 Physiology and Health Science SETU
- CK707 Medical and Health Sciences UCC
- US957 Physical Activity Health Science TUS
- Plus many other Participating courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme