Computer Systems & Networks with Cyber Security
COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND NETWORKS 5M0536 NFQ LEVEL 5
Why study Computing with Cyber Security at Colaiste Ide:
- Gain insight into hacking methods such as SQL injection and stealing of user credentials. Also, gain insight into resolving of such issues.
- Access to latest software and technology.
- Become more confident ahead of studying computing degree in ITB, NCI, etc (very significant issue considering very high dropout rate in computing degrees)
- Consider implications with regard to college fees in having to repeat a year at 3rd level.
- Establish if you truly want to pursue a computing career.
- Become more proficient with technologies in general.
Is This Course For You?
This Computer Science course provides an opportunity to acquire skills for computer system configuration and maintenance in addition to studying the basis of Cyber Security.
» Leaving Certificate: Five passes at Ordinary Level, which must include English and Mathematics, or
» Leaving Certificate Applied, Distinction (Mathematics is a mandatory requirement), or
» QQI/FETAC Level 4 award, or
» Others, including mature students:
Assessed individually, and
» Personal interview
What Will I Study?
What Qualifications Will I Get When I Finish The Course?
QQI Computer Systems and Networks 5M0536 NFQ Level 5 and ECDL Cyber Security
Career Opportunities and Progression
This course offers progression options for learners to programmes in Universities and Institutes of Technology. Third-level institutes also reserve a number of places on degree courses for mature learners (over the age of 23). Learners must apply to each institute individually.
Learners who complete this major QQI award at Level 5 are eligible to apply through the CAO system for entry into participating courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS). A limited number of places are available and applicants are ranked according to results achieved in their QQI major award.
Students will be qualified to seek employment in the PC maintenance and employment areas. Suitably qualified students may progress to certificate, diploma or degree courses in Institutes of Technology, including DIT.